Two Ambassadors. One Kitchen. A variety of seafood.
In this first episode, they make:
SWEET AND SALTY SESAME SEAWEED BARS
- Prep Time: 3 Minutes
- Cook Time: 10 Minutes
- Total Time: 13 Minutes
- Servings: 25
- Calories: 96 Kcal
AUTHOR: ABRA PAPPA, full recipe here.
A sweet, salty, crunchy, and super satisfying superfood snack. Sweet and salty sesame seaweed bars are the healthiest “granola” bar in town.
- 1/4 cup of coconut oil
- 1/4 cup of maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon of tamari gluten free soy sauce
- 6 large sheets of nori seaweed torn into tiny pieces
- 1 1/2 cups of sesame seeds
- 1 1/2 cups of mixed seeds and/or nuts
- 1/4 cup of hemp seeds
- 2 tablespoons of chia seeds
- 2 teaspoons of spirulina
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a small saucepan over low heat melt together coconut oil, maple syrup, and tamari. Set aside.
- In a large bowl stir to combine nori, sesame seeds, *nuts/seeds, hemp seeds, chia seeds, and spirulina.
- Pour melted coconut oil mixture over seed/seaweed mixture. Stir well to combine, making sure that everything is well coated.
- Spread mixture out on a parchment paper lined baking sheet in a thin layer.
- Bake for 10 minutes, remove from oven and allow to cool for at least 15 minutes.
- When cool break up into pieces. They will not break evenly, embrace the disorder.
Subscribe to the Eating Like a Seasteader email list for future episodes, full recipes, and shopping guides: “Eating Like a Seasteader: A Concise guide to the Ocean’s Superfoods”