Like many non-profits, we have ambitious goals and limited resources, and volunteer assistance is crucial for making up the difference. Seasteading attracts some amazingly talented people, and I hope that a few of you have the free time to lend us a hand. I’ve posted our current set of requests, and am reproducing the list below. Each job title links to its description on the volunteer page.
- Conference Coordinator(s) – Help us make our first annual conference fun and inspiring!
- Membership Coordinator – Design and operate our membership program.
- Marketing Associate – Help us craft a sticky message and simplify our vision to its bare essentials.
- Burners – Help publicize Seasteading at Burning Man!
- Site Associate – Help us run the www.seasteading.org website!
- Drupal Programmer – We have many small projects available for those with Drupal/PHP experience.
- GIS Programmer – We would like to add more interactive geodata to the website.
- Perl/Python programmer – Write a script to convert the Book Beta from a single XHTML file into a file for each section.
- Visual Inspiration Associate – Find good pictures (and quotes).
- Site Publicity Associate – Help us with SEO / Blog publicity.
- Design Associates – We have a number of 2D and 3D graphic design projects.
- Converting beta version of book to PDF format suitable for printing – DanB
- Research Associate – Help us kick off the research program by finding/hiring a full-time Chief Scientist.
- Scientific Advisory Board Coordinator – Help us create the SAB.
- Engineering (none at this time)
- Administrative (none at this time)
By the way, we are expecting some significant traffic this week, so apologies in advance if the site is slower than usual.
There are now 80 guests on line in the forums, what’s happening? 🙂