The Seasteading Institute was founded ten years ago to enable seasteading communities which will allow the next generation of pioneers to peacefully test new ideas for government. The most successful can then inspire change in governments around the world.
All social problems flow downstream from governance. Seasteading is an attempt to strike at the root of those problems. When startup societies proliferate, we innovate the rules in ways that even we can’t predict. Thanks to our donors, in the past 10 years we have:
- Published Seasteading: How Floating Nations Will Restore the Environment, Enrich the Poor, Cure the Sick, and Liberate Humanity from Politicians
- Recruited over 100 Ambassadors from around the world, including: USA, UK, Canada, Brazil, South Africa, Nigeria, Saudi Arabia, Pakistan, India, Turkey, Italy, Australia, Slovakia, Hong Kong, Denmark, Germany, and Russia
- Attracted over 4,000 subscribers to The Seasteading YouTube channel and our videos have been viewed over 750,000 times
- Signed an MOU with the government of French Polynesia
- Been sponsored to speak at numerous conferences.
If you want a utopia, go build it. We’re bringing the smartest and most innovative people together to build multiple utopias. Our momentum is collecting people from around the world. We need help managing them and organizing projects to put them to work. We are a small, but mighty, team supported entirely by individuals who believe in us. Show your support for the global Seasteading movement by donating to The Seasteading Institute for Giving Tuesday 2018. Your donation will double because a generous donor has agreed to match donations up to $20,000 if you donate between now and Dec 31.