Short video with clips from a talk Patri gave at UCSD for YAL and some thoughts from host Simeon Morris on student reactions and the idea of seasteading:
The Mises Institute Brazil has posted the video of my talk at the first Mises Brazil conference earlier this year, to 200+ people. They gave me a long time slot, so rather than the short introductory talk I give to audiences like TEDx, I got to include a bunch of structural activism discussion as well as just seasteading. This is the longest and most-recent talk video available for seasteading, so…enjoy!
Sean Hastings‘ presentation on his experiences with HavenCo and SeaLand is now online:
On Tuesday, April 7, I gave a talk on seasteading at the Cato Institute’s Policy Forum, followed by comments by Doug Bandow and Arnold Kling. The presentation was recorded and is available for viewing at the Cato Institute’s website. We also recorded a short podcast afterwards.
As always, you can find recordings and material about talks on the Past Talks page.
For those who are attending my talk at Yale tonight, it has moved to Dunham Labs room 220 (from William L. Harkness Hall, Room 119)
I will be making a number of trips in 2009 for TSI-related business and speaking engagements, and I need your help to maximize the number of people I can meet and reach on each of these trips. There are two major ways you can help:
1. Get a [talk](http://www.seasteading.org/learn-more/talks) or speaking engagement for me. Groups that might be interested include futurists, transhumanists, libertarians, and engineering & architecture departments at local colleges or universities.
- Lasse notes that the UC Boulder talks I gave in 2005 are up on Google Video, here’s a page with them embedded.
- I’m working on job descriptions for some paid staff and volunteers we’re looking for.
- Lots of small website bugs fixed. More still to come.
- Some more "user properties" have been added, you can click on your name on the upper right, then click Edit to fill them in.