September 27, 2008 by admin
Here’s a new section from the book beta, a topic I’ve been enthusing about recently. Comments are welcome, as are pointers to any existing open-source projects which are similar to the idea. If there are no such projects, well, someone should get cracking on writing one!
Oh, and if someone wants to make the logo described, that would be cool too (thanks to krustad for the logo).
September 3, 2008 by admin
- Added a box to the front page listing upcoming GTGs, with a module that automatically parses our Meetup.com Calendar. Yay for standards that let web services play nicely together!
- The German magazine Cicero: "Magazin Für Politische Kultur" is interested in doing an in-depth story this fall.
- Please use the wiki to keep technical notes after a discussion! Continue reading
May 11, 2008 by admin
Consider people who:
1. Are unhappy with the current state of society.
2. Have a specific vision of what a better society for them would look like.
3. Are interested in building their lives around that vision
April 26, 2008 by admin
April 22, 2008 by admin
(Another new snippet from the book beta, inspired by a lunch conversation today.)
When talking about how we’d like to revolutionize the governing industry, we used the metaphor that we’d like government to be more like the internet industry than operating systems. One of the properties of the internet is that it is based on a variety of open standards which allow many diverse programs, companies, machines, and people to interoperate. We’d like seasteads to have this property also.
April 21, 2008 by admin