1. Skip to navigation
  2. Skip to content
  3. Skip to sidebar




Warfare between Seasteading Micronations?

Home Forums Community Dreaming / Crazy Ideas / Speculation Warfare between Seasteading Micronations?

This topic contains 19 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of shadowmane shadowmane 3 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #14375
    Avatar of i_is_j_smith
    i_is_j_smith
    Participant

    Who owns the moon? Whomever can make a claim and defend said claim. If you claim the moon and can prevent anyone else from making a claim then you own the whole moon. If you can only defend the portion of the moon you currently reside in, you only own that part. It all comes down to property rights.

    If several seastead states want to band together and create a micro-national NATO (MNTO?), with member nations sworn to help defend each other, then that’s fine of course. They can even try to force other micro-nations to join. There is no reason why micro-nations will work any differently than existing nations have over the last few millenia. They are just smaller versions after all…

    It all comes down to claiming a certain area, using work to produce something from that area, and defending it using whatever weapons are required (law, logic, guns, etc).

    #14376
    Avatar of shredder7753
    shredder7753
    Participant

    i just believe that we ALL inherently own the moon. if you think that anyone who gets there and claims a portion is entitled to whatever they have to the extent that they can defend it, you are basically encouraging a neverending eternal war. if the US can go to the middle east and kill everyone or box them up and send them to africa, does that mean we own the middle east? “they were there before us”, “but we need their oil!”, “what do they need oil for, theyre not a stong society”. all these kinds of statements are crap. i dont think we should radically change the way things are done here on earth, but when we go to space, lets get it right. its not a question that someone greedy will try to hog the entire moon to themselves, if we dont stop them.

    so back to seasteading – its not a question that someone would try to hog the entire planets oceans if we dont collectively ‘just say no’. “oh nobody would try to hog the oceans all to themselves, because nobody really needs that much area!”. wrong argument. nobody ‘needs’ a billion dollars (to be healthy) but our world has about a thousand billionaires, according to forbes.com.

    p.s. – i like the “MNTO” that Smith suggested.

    ____________

    My work

    “Leadership and do-ership are not the same thing”

    #14424
    Avatar of elspru
    elspru
    Participant

    i_is_j_smith wrote:

    Who owns the moon? Whomever can make a claim and defend said claim.

    Oh there are many such already, as Ra has mentioned in the law of one.

    Note that third-density is the one we are at, of the flesh and making choices.

    8.3 Questioner: Are these craft that are from our peoples from what we call planes that are not incarnate at this time? Where are they based?

    Ra: I am Ra. These of which we spoke are of third density and are part of the so-called military complex of various of your peoples’ societal divisions or structures.

    The bases are varied. There are bases, as you would call them, undersea in your southern waters near the Bahamas as well as in your Pacific seas in various places close to your Chilean borders on the water. There are bases upon your moon, as you call this satellite, which are at this time being reworked. There are bases which move about your lands. There are bases, if you would call them that, in your skies. These are the bases of your peoples, very numerous and, as we have said, potentially destructive.

    source: http://lawofone.info/results.php?session_id=8&ss=1#3

    Also there are star-beings that have claim on the moon.

    Q: Could you elaborate more on the nature of Earth’s moon?

    AC: The moon is quite the enigma. Apparently, it was brought here 11,213 years ago in what we know as the month of March. It came here as a base, carrying extraterrestrials coming here to colonize. They did in fact colonize. Many of what is left of them are living underground on Earth from 100-200 miles beneath the surface.

    Now, I’ve gotten a lot of crap for talking about this, but I’m just not going to shut up. The beings that brought this satellite in orbit around Earth are responsible for over 31,000 human children disappearing from the surface of the Earth. Over 100,000 children per year are vanishing from the surface of the Earth, and the world governments know about this.

    There was a full-out war on the moon about 9,600 years ago between the Orion Group and the Pleiadians. They are now at war again, and there are skirmishes happening now outside our solar system between the Pleiadians and the Greys.

    source: http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/andromeda/esp_andromedacom_18.htm

    calm aware desire choice love express intuit move

    #14428
    Avatar of i_is_j_smith
    i_is_j_smith
    Participant

    shredder7753 wrote:
    i just believe that we ALL inherently own the moon.

    Why? Just because it’s there? Why don’t we all just inherently own the Earth? Or your house? The only reason nobody currently owns the moon is because nobody has claimed it, defended it, and homesteaded it. Those are the keys to property rights. It’s the reason why I can’t just walk into your house whenever I want.

    shredder7753 wrote:
    if you think that anyone who gets there and claims a portion is entitled to whatever they have to the extent that they can defend it, you are basically encouraging a neverending eternal war.

    Defense doesn’t have to be with violence. You’ll note I said “using whatever weapons are required (law, logic, guns, etc)”. One thing civilised societies do is establish a set of laws that protect people so violence is not required. But unfortunately there are always going to be those who want to throw out civility and resort to violence to take what they want. So while I wouldn’t call it “eternal war”, you will always need to be prepared to defend what you claim is yours from those who would take it from you.

    elspru wrote:
    Also there are star-beings that have claim on the moon.

    Whatever man. But I did say you need to defend such a claim for it to be valid. The star-beings can claim the moon all they want. Until they have bases (made out of physical matter that we can all see, not pixie dust and fairy farts) and they homestead the area they claim then it’s meaningless.

    #14445
    Avatar of shadowmane
    shadowmane
    Participant

    Dervogel707 wrote:

    Well, what happens happens, hopefully we wont have a seastead that would want to declare war upon another seastead. There is alot of money being put into these seasteads and that would suck if one were to be destroyed. My idea was to have sort of like a UN but for seasteads where we all watch over eachother. You choose to be a part of the united seasteads though.

    I think you are thinking more along the lines of NATO, not the UN.

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.



Posted on at

Categories:

Written by

Blog/Newsletter

Donate