1. Skip to navigation
  2. Skip to content
  3. Skip to sidebar

26.15 N; 93 W

Home Forums Community General Chat 26.15 N; 93 W

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of tusavision tusavision 3 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of TheTimPotter
    TheTimPotter
    Participant

Did I miss a discussion?

Pull up 26 degrees 15 minutes north, 93 degrees west in google earth.

It is in calm waters in the high seas, right on the other side of the EEZ. It is only 1,900 meters above the sea floor; anchoring in 1,900 meters is manageable for being in international waters, right? I don’t think there are even any currents in the gulf of mexico that would strain the anchors. From a quick estimate, there appears to be about 300 square kilometers of prime “real estate” of depths between ~1,900 meters and ~2,200 meters.

I’m not sure yet, but it also appears to be in a 0-1m average wave height zone right nezt to a 1-2m average wave height zone. If we locate there in substeads, we can live out in the sun on cheap rafts 98% of the time and drop down during hurricanes.

It’s also in between a first world country and second and third world countries, including Belize.

What do you all make of this?

TheTimPotter
    Participant

The ampere seamount is, at best, at -2,200 meters with about 80 or so square kilometers around that altitude outside an EEZ.

Profile photo of elspru
    elspru
    Participant

TheTimPotter wrote:

Did I miss a discussion?

Pull up 26 degrees 15 minutes north, 93 degrees west in google earth.

that’s the middle of the gulf of mexico,

if any of BP’s core-exit gets on ya, you could disintegrate.

It is in calm waters in the high seas, right on the other side of the EEZ. It is only 1,900 meters above the sea floor; anchoring in 1,900 meters is manageable for being in international waters, right? I don’t think there are even any currents in the gulf of mexico that would strain the anchors. From a quick estimate, there appears to be about 300 square kilometers of prime “real estate” of depths between ~1,900 meters and ~2,200 meters.

I’m not sure yet, but it also appears to be in a 0-1m average wave height zone right nezt to a 1-2m average wave height zone. If we locate there in substeads, we can live out in the sun on cheap rafts 98% of the time and drop down during hurricanes.

It’s also in between a first world country and second and third world countries, including Belize.

U.S.A is taking a fast track to the third world.

What do you all make of this?

Any set location near a military power,

is bound to get discovered and preyed upon.

once hyperinflation hits, it’ll become clear

that nothing is made in America

except poison, weapons, and fraud.

FEMA will start rounding up and exterminating the populace more overtly,

they are already softly killing, by poisoning the water and food,

only after the military and government disbands,

will the killing and burning cease.

Point being, it’s a good time to get a boat,

so as to evade the camps.

Can live in a nomadic way for a while,

with permaculture gardens,

trade, travel or what have you.

calm aware desire choice love express intuit move

TheTimPotter
    Participant

I see the potential collapse of the United States as a huge advantage. We would be providing sanctuary. and it would be easier to move to our towns rather than to another country as we won’t be asking for papers or questions about citizenship, just money.

The US’s liability limits for oil companies and the resulting consequences is a legitimate risk to consider, but this is also an opportunity for new business models.

Profile photo of tusavision
    tusavision
    Participant

There are much shallower locations to anchor at, however I’d lean towards station keeping in Gyres.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Currents.svg

TheTimPotter
    Participant

I’m looking for some shallower anchoring locations… there is this one off the coast of madagascar that gets down to 94 meters, but then you are in 9-12 meter waves.

It’s at about 11 s 61 e.

26 s 5 e is only 1200 meters deep. The wave height is hard to determine there.. between 2 and 7. The nearest trade partners would be Namibia and South Africa.

There is also a plateau reaching about 500 m just outside of the UK’s EEZ, if you don’t mind the weather. It looks like 3-5 m waves.

Do you know of other elevations in international waters?

Why would you prefer station keeping in a gyre rather than a gulf with calm waters?

Profile photo of tusavision
    tusavision
    Participant

TheTimPotter wrote:

I’m looking for some shallower anchoring locations… there is this one off the coast of madagascar that gets down to 94 meters, but then you are in 9-12 meter waves.

It’s at about 11 s 61 e.

26 s 5 e is only 1200 meters deep. The wave height is hard to determine there.. between 2 and 7. The nearest trade partners would be Namibia and South Africa.

There is also a plateau reaching about 500 m just outside of the UK’s EEZ, if you don’t mind the weather. It looks like 3-5 m waves.

Do you know of other elevations in international waters?

Why would you prefer station keeping in a gyre rather than a gulf with calm waters?

The thread “Viva La Revolution” has me and another poster battle rapping on the subject, I posted something like 20 locations less than 200 ft deep.

I prefer station keeping because anchors are expensive and force you to loiter in shallow water. It makes you predictable and all a major world power has to do is park a sub on your plateau and plant a flag and they have enough claim to the location to justify to an apathetic public why they 86ed your ass from the site.

To be free, you should be mobile. Of course: this requires significant amounts of energy to accomplish outside of the gyres.

As a stop gap, I think ports based on plateaus are necessary because the engineering is easier.

In the long run though, I would hope nuclear/wave/OTEC/solar will give enough juice for station keeping.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Posted on at

Categories:

Written by

Blog/Newsletter

Donate