First Seasteading Conference – 2008
October 14, 2008 by admin
Thanks to the 60+ people from 8+ countries who attended our conference-related events over the past few days! It was a great turnout for our first event, and it seemed like people learned a lot and had a blast. We’ve already started talking about doing the next conference next summer – followed by an Ephemerisle in the SF Bay for the experiental section .
Anyway, back to the present, we organizers are still processing and pondering, but here are some pointers to the material that’s been put up so far:
- TSI Conference Page – Slides from presentations (more coming soon).
- Participant Conference Page – On the wiki, add your thoughts, references, and favorite moments!
- SF Seasteaders Sailing Club wiki page – One idea that came out of the Ephemerisle discussion is that we should start a local sailing group to get, outfit, and practice with a vessel. Sign up here if you’re interested.
- Pictures from the conference (add yours on flickr w/ the tag seasteading08).
- Give us feedback on meetup.com.
Major upcoming information:
- Google docs of the group sessions (few days)
- Video / DVD (few weeks)