TSI 2008 Strategy
May 19, 2008 by admin
The Strategic Area sections have been updated with our goals for 2008, and they are also included below:
- Become one of our registered users, and visit our discussion boards.
- Work on Distributed Research Projects.
- Donate to The Seasteading Institute.
- Investigate jobs and volunteer opportunities.
- Add information to the wiki.
- Spread the word about seasteading through blog posts, articles, and links, especially those that reach a diverse audience.
- Design PintStead (demonstrates stable flotation)
- Build AquariumStead (demonstrates stable flotation)
- Build PoolStead (demonstrates ballast control, stability, mobility, mating/synchronization)
- Hire a Director of Engineering
- Do conceptual design for seasteads (entire series, from baystead up to full ocean-going seasteads). Figure out key issues – materials, shape, etc.
- ? Design/Build Baystead (PoolStead equivalent for bay, can hold 1 person).
- Complete design for CoastStead, be ready to build it 2009.
- Hire full-time Chief Scientist, and obtain grants for research related to our mission (any of the zillion ways to make better technology for permanent ocean settlements).
- Establish Distributed Research Program for supplemental research (described below).
- Finish the Book Beta, self-publish it w/ POD, and look for a real publisher for the next version.
- Establish a Scientific Advisory Board of experts in the many fields related to seasteading.
- Perform basic political feasibility study to learn about international maritime law and how it affects us.