Call For Volunteers!
May 19, 2008 by admin
Like many non-profits, we have ambitious goals and limited resources, and volunteer assistance is crucial for making up the difference. Seasteading attracts some amazingly talented people, and I hope that a few of you have the free time to lend us a hand. I’ve posted our current set of requests here, and am reproducing the list below. Each job title links to its description on the volunteer page.
- Conference Coordinator(s) – Help us make our first annual conference fun and inspiring!
- Membership Coordinator – Design and operate our membership program.
- Marketing Associate – Help us craft a sticky message and simplify our vision to its bare essentials.
- Burners – Help publicize Seasteading at Burning Man!
- Site Associate – Help us run the seasteading.org website!
- Drupal Programmer – We have many small projects available for those with Drupal/PHP experience.
- GIS Programmer – We would like to add more interactive geodata to the website.
- Perl/Python programmer – Write a script to convert the Book Beta from a single XHTML file into a file for each section.
- Visual Inspiration Associate – Find good pictures (and quotes).
- Site Publicity Associate - Help us with SEO / Blog publicity.
- Design Associates – We have a number of 2D and 3D graphic design projects.
Converting beta version of book to PDF format suitable for printing- DanB
- Engineering (none at this time)
- Administrative (none at this time)
By the way, we are expecting some significant traffic this week, so apologies in advance if the site is slower than usual.